Saramana SAR Chapter  Sons of the American Revolution 

To contact the site webmaster, send an email to - Webmaster

Back to Top

With seven officers, three board members and just five active committees, they sent two of their number to state as officers and one to a national position in the first three years as a chapter.  Our members were and are totally committed to our mission.  This level of commitment continues today with several members currently holding state offices as well as Chairing or serving on numerous important Committee’s at both the State and National level.  In past years we have had members holding National Office, including two serving as President General.

Our chapter has hosted state meetings and Annual meetings.  We have received many awards and several of our educational programs have become state and national programs.  Eight of our members were awarded the coveted SAR Patriot Medal.

We awarded the only General George Washington Military Service award to SAR, DAR and their family member Veterans for their service to protect our freedoms.  Only 87 of 100 were authorized for issue world wide in observance of the 225th Anniversary of the end of the Revolutionary War.  President and Commander in Chief George W. Bush sent a letter of congratulations to all recipients.  The awards presented February 23, 2008 will not be available until the 250th anniversary.  The last living WWI soldier, Frank Woodriff Buckles was a recipient of the award.

Saramana is one of the largest and most active Chapters in the
Florida SAR Society.  This year and in past years, many of our members and officers were named Congress Delegates and have attended the National SAR Congress.

Saramana History

A brief history of our Saramana SAR Chapter


The founders of our chapter began a noble work in 1953 when ten men gathered to pledge their energies to carry on the principles of our nation’s founders.  They created this chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution here on the west coast of Florida.  The new chapter attracted 32 members and we received our charter issued April 15, 1953.